|Post Your News|
Send Us An Event
Start A Gallery
|Most Recent||Most Popular||Top Contributors||Galleries||Events|
Harding Men's Tennis Falls to 11th-ranked Ouachita Baptist
SEARCY – The 11th-ranked Ouachita Baptist men's tennis team defeated Harding 8-1 on Wednesday at the Harding Tennis Courts. It was the final regular season match for the Bisons.
Harding completed the regular season 20-3 overall, but 0-3 in Great American Conference play. Harding and Ouachita Baptist will meet again on Friday, April 20 in the first round of the GAC Tournament in Arkadelphia, Ark.
Harding's only point came in a three-set victory by Helio Hashimoto at No. 5. He defeated Ramon Abaitua 6-2, 6-7, 10-7.
Harding's Kittibodee Singnil, Jon Mark Rowden, and Adam Edwards all lost in singles for the first time this season.
Tennis Match Results
Ouachita Baptist vs Harding
Apr 11, 2012 at Searcy, Ark.
(Harding Tennis Courts)
#11 Ouachita Baptist 8, Harding 1
1. Helge Knuth (OBU) def. Kittibodee Singnil (HU) 1-6, 7-6, 10-5
2. #25 Marko Boskovic (OBU) def. Jon Mark Rowden (HU) 6-0, 6-4
3. Kenny Brasil (OBU) def. Henrique Ruiz (HU) 6-3, 6-0
4. Marvin Muller (OBU) def. Caleb McReynolds (HU) 6-0, 6-1
5. Helio Hashimoto (HU) def. Ramon Abaitua (OBU) 6-2, 6-7, 10-7
6. Teodor Anghel (OBU) def. Adam Edwards (HU) 6-2, 6-3
1. Helge Knuth/Marvin Muller (OBU) def. Kittibodee Singnil/Jon Mark Rowden (HU) 9-8
2. Ernesto Laborda/Kenny Brasil (OBU) def. Caleb McReynolds/Adam Edwards (HU) 8-4
3. Marko Boskovic/Ramon Abaitua (OBU) def. Helio Hashimoto/Henrique Ruiz (HU) 8-2
Ouachita Baptist 11-6, 3-0; National ranking #11; Regional ranking #1
Harding 20-3, 0-3