Harding Place Searcy, Arkansas
Our Documents1st Annual Art & Heirloom Show
Area residents are invited to visit the independent living, active senior retirement apartment complex to stroll through the gallery, enjoy cocoa and cookies, and bring an unwrapped present to place under the tree of their choice.
Each toy represents a vote for the best tree, and at the end of the allocated time a tally is made to see which small, medium and large organization or business has won a trophy.
On the last day (December 11th) there will be a live radio broadcast, and later that afternoon, a live auction to sell off the trees to raise money to purchase more presents. All gifts are presented to the children residing in foster care in White County during Christmas.
How to get involved:
1) The Christmas Tree Gallery will be open December 1st – 11th. You are invited to bring your unwrapped Christmas gifts to place under the tree of your choice. A minimum of $5 should be spent for each gift, and higher priced items will have one point value given to the vote tally for each $5 increment spent. Please keep in mind when purchasing gifts that about 1/3 of the children in foster care are infants, 1/3 are children and 1/3 are teenagers. These kids like the same types of things that your children like, such as mp3 players, video games and bicycles!
2) If your business or organization would like to sponsor a Christmas tree in the gallery, follow these steps:
- Choose a theme for your tree.
- Call Regina Swint, Sales Director at Harding Place, to confirm and ask questions.
- Collect money and/or gifts for the kids.
- Place and decorate your tree at Harding Place between November 26th and 29th.
Please contact Regina Swint, Sales Director at Harding Place, at 501-305-3100 with any questions.